Micro Needling – Medical NeedlingCollagen Induction Therapy (CIT)
Micro needling does not damage the skin. It protects the epidermis while stimulating the production of collagen & elastin, resulting in smoother and tighter skin. A topical anesthetic is applied for 30 minutes prior to the procedure eliminating the possibility of discomfort. After the treatment, the healing phase is short; 1 – 2 days, with a suntanned appearance on the skin. Micro needling is safe on all skin types, ages, photo types, all areas of the body and can safely be repeated for better results.
Who/what is micro needling for?
- Post-operative – assistance with healing
- Ageing, fine lines & wrinkles
- Scarring; including acne scars and hyper & hypo pigmented scars
- Stretch marks
- Sun damage
- Skin laxity
- Vascular conditions (spider veins)
Dependent on tone/type of skin, you may or may not experience the following post – treatment:
- Immediately after – warm/sensitive
- One day after – sun-tanned appearance
- Two days after – lightly sun-tanned appearance; very dry, flaking and less sensitivity
- Three days after – tired, slightly swollen appearance with some dry and flaking of the skin
- Four days after – more normal and fresh appearance
Two treatments are offered; Microneedling alone or Microneedling with the DF machine. Pricing can vary depending on area being treated. Please book a FREE consultation to learn more and allow time for required paperwork to be completed. This will also allow Laura to see your skin and go over what to expect before, during and after treatment.